You can disable receiving messages from the Windows 10 Message Center directly from the notification area on your desktop. To do this, right-click on the message center icon located in the system tray.
Choose the option you want or several options:
- Turn on do not disturb
- Do not show application icons
- Do not show the number of new messages
How to Remove Windows 10 Message Center from Message Zone
You can simply remove the message center icon from the notification area by changing the operating system settings. There will be no icon – messages from the notification center will not be displayed.
- Go to the Start menu, then to Settings.
- In the “Windows Settings” window, open the “Personalization” section.
- Click the “Work Card” section.
- In the “Message area” setting, select “Enable or disable system icons.”
- In the on/ off system icons, drag the switch to off, opposite the message center.
- After that, the Windows Message Center icon will disappear from the notification area.
- To enable the display of the Windows 11 Message Center icon in the notification area, perform a similar operation, at the end of which, drag the switch to the “On” position.
- How to Disable Windows 11 Message Center Command Line Online Forever
- Using the command line, the user can disable messages in the operating system and delete the Windows 11 Message Center icon.
- Follow these sequential steps:
- Press “Win” + “R”.
- In the “Run” window, enter the phrase: “regedit” (without citation) in the “Open” field, then click “OK”. After that, the Registry Editor window will open.
Navigate to the Registry Editor window:
There may not be an Explorer section in this registry branch. So create this section. To do this, right-click in the Registry Editor window. In the context menu, select “Create” \ u003d \ u003e “Section”. Name the Explorer section (without citation).
- In the “Explorer” section, click the empty space button and select “Create” \ u003d \ u003e “DWORD setting (32-bit)”.
- Name the parameter “DisableNotificationCenter” (without quotes).
- Right-click on the “DisableNotificationCenter” option, select “Change …” in the context menu.
- In the “Change DWORD (32-bit)” window, enter “1” (without quotes) in the “Value” field, and then click “OK”.
- Restart the computer.
- After that, the message center icon will disappear from the notification area.
- How to enable Message Center in Windows 11, Registry Editor
- To enable Windows Message Center in Registry Editor, follow these steps:
- Enter Registry Editor, follow the path:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \\ Program \\ Policy \\ Microsoft \\ Windows \\ Explorer
- Click the “DisableNotificationCenter” option and select “Change …” in the context menu.
- In the “Change DWORD (32-bit)” window, enter “0” (without quotes) in the “Value” field, and then click “OK”.
Windows 10 Message Center appeareance
Restart the computer.
- Windows 11 Message Center will still appear in the notification area.
- Disable the notification center in the local group policy editor
- Note that only older versions of the operating system in Windows 10 have access to the local group policy editor: Professional (Pro) and Corporate (Enterprise). Therefore, users of younger versions of the operating system will have to use command line or OS settings to turn off the signals.
- To turn off Windows 10 Message Center in the Local Group Policy Editor, do the following:
- Press the arrow keys “Win” + “R”.
- In the “Run” window, enter the phrase: “gpedit.msc” (without quotes) in the “Open” field, then click “OK”.
- In “Local Computer Policy”, enter the section “User Configuration”, then “Administrative Templates”.
- Double-click the left mouse button to “Start menu” and “Message area”.
- Find the “Delete Messages and Messages Icon” item by double-clicking on it with the left mouse button.
- In the “Delete messages and message center icon” window, activate the “On” value and then click “OK”.
- Restart the computer.
The Windows 11 Message Center icon will disappear from the notification area.
If you need to re-enable the message center icon screen in the notification area, do the same in the Local Group Policy Editor window. Select the value “Not specified”, click “OK”, restart the computer.
Users can configure receiving messages on the Windows 11 operating system, or turn off the Windows notification center in a variety of ways: by changing system settings, editing the registry, or changing local group policy settings.
Microsoft has introduced a new desktop approach to messaging in Windows 10. It is similar to the mobile version of the Microsoft operating system. Messages appear and appear for a period of time on the right side of the screen, after which they go to the message center. Basically, programs from the Windows Store work with this mechanism. But not all users need this functionality, and for some incoming signals are more annoying than helpful. This article will tell you how to exclude voice messages from a specific program, all message voices, pop-up messages, and how to get rid of Windows 10 Message Center.
How to separate messages from a specific program in Windows 10
If you do not want to see pop-up messages from a specific application, you can disable them from the following:
When the sound or pop-up signal is turned off, all messages from the application go directly to the message center. If you turn off the alarms completely, you will not be able to find messages from anywhere.
How to Disable Firewall, Security, and SmartScreen Messages in Windows 10
In addition to regular program and service alerts, there are Windows Security Center alerts. These are Windows 10 Fireplace Messages, Security Messages, SmartScreen Network Filter Messages, and several other types of alarms. They feature an enviable regularity in the message center, often annoying users. Microsoft has provided Firewall, Security and SmartScreen messages to be disabled, but this can only be done in the control panel.
How to turn off voice messages in Windows 10
You can use system settings to turn off sound events. In this case, the pop-up signals will not disappear. Note that, as before, they will accumulate in the message center.
How to disable pop-up and voice messages in Windows 10
One of the clearest ways to turn off pop-ups and voice messages is to turn on Do Not Disturb. Note that messages will be collected in the message center and not just disappear.
When enabled in Do Not Disturb mode, all messages are immediately transferred to the message center, without banners or sounds.